Humans depend on water for their basic survival needs and access to clean water that can be used for drinking and domestic purpose is a big problem in many places in India. Installing a water pump at our houses is an easy solution for pumping unlimited supply of water for our basic needs. However these water pumps tend to consume a lot of power and hence add an additional cost of power requirements. This makes solar water a more feasible option as uses the solar energy and not fuel burning mechanisms for pumping water. People all around the globe is now switching to solar pumps due to obvious benefits and uses of solar water pump.
Solar water pumps can be used for pumping water in the swimming pools, for water farming (irrigation needs for water), domestic needs and so on. There are diverse varieties of solar water pumps and one need to carefully choose which one they would like to opt for depending on their need.
Guide to Installing Solar Water Pumps
– Welding machine and welding rods.
– Wire Cutters.
– Spirit Level Bottle.
– Digital Multimeter.
– Anti-Corrosion Paint.
– 2X 7ft I-beams.
– 4X 11ft I-beams.
– 63ft C-channels.
– 3X 24.46ft C-channels.
– 18ft C-channels.
– 5X 20.84ft C-channels.
– 21X Solar Panels
– Solar Pump System Controller
– Solar Pump
– Concrete/Cement Mixture.
– 6X Circuit Breakers.
Step 1 – The very first step to installing a solar water pump is set up the solar panel stands. A basic solar panel usually consists of beams and C channel that help in supporting the pump. Before starting to build the metal framework, it is very important to figure out the most appropriate solar angle so as the solar panels can receive the maximum amount of sunlight at any given point of time.
Another very important thing to do is to paint all the beams and channels with anti-corrosion paint to avoid corrosion of any form in the future. Once one is done with the above they should proceed with building the metal framework.
Step 2– The next important step is the placement and foundation of the beams. The step by step guide for same is shared below:
– A 2X2X2 ft hole is to be dug into the ground and follow it up adding concrete to the hole.
– The place I beam into the hole at an optimum solar angle.
– Ensure 2 ft of the beam is dug deep into the ground and then fill the hole with concrete.
– Follow the same process for placing another beam at a distance of 24.46 ft
Step 3– Place the lower C channel following the below-suggested steps:
– C channel is to be placed parallel on the ground and use a level bottle to ensure the same in one place.
– Using stainless steel nuts and bolts you will now have to bolt the ends of the C Channel to the I beams.
Step 4 –Now, we will have to add the left beams and channels to the system by following the below-suggested steps-
– 2-7ft I beams are to be added on top of 2-11ft I beams. They then have to be bolted with 24.46 ft. C channel
– In the other two corners that are remaining, we will have to place 2-11 ft I beams in such a way that it is perpendicular to the ground.
– Following the earlier suggested steps, we will have to attach left over the channel to the beams
– An inclined channel of 5X20.84ft is also to be added
Step 5– After we are done with fixing all the beams and channels, we will now have to add the solar panels. We will need 21 solar panels with the given specification for the installation process
– The voltage at Pmax-35 V
– Length X Breadth X Height(mm)-1960x990x42
The distance between each of the C channels should be 0.25ft from each side. Ensure that the panels are properly bolted with these C – channels. We will now have to connect the solar panels with the solar panel connector box. Here, we will be suing a millimeter to figure out the polarity of each of these solar panels. The 7 solar panels will now have to be connected in series such that it forms one single string.3 strings on similar lines needs to be prepared.
Step 6– The second last step towards completing solar water pump installation is to make successful electrical connections. For this, it is advisable to get in touch with a local electrician and not try anything yourself so as to avoid any mishaps. Please note that this solar pump system controller is like the brain of a human body regulating the flow of current to the pump through solar panels and hence, check if it is in right condition and working properly.
Step 7 – The very last step is in fact the most integral step of the entire process. Here we will have to successfully integrate the solar water pump with the entire system that we prepared. Check if the solar water pump is receiving the power from solar panels and is able to pump water properly. These solar water pump comes with 3 wires that has to be connected with 3 phase and one wire has to be connected to the ground. It is very important to choose the right solar water pump that would be able to meet your requirements.
And with this, we have successfully completed the entire installation process.